The Community House organizes many exciting activities and events monthly. We are always in need of enthusiastic community volunteers to lend a hand and support our programs.
Friends Club Program Facilitator
We are looking for a Volunteer Program Facilitator to help organize and run Friends Club events. Help make an important and meaningful impact in the lives of adults with special needs. 3-4 hour commitment per month, for 8 to 9 months of the year. To apply, please contact Executive Director Melissa Elmer at email@example.com.
Stage 284 Productions
We are always seeking volunteers to help usher, sell concessions, help with set builds, technology, etc. Stage 284 volunteers enjoy discounted tickets to the show. For information about current and upcoming volunteer opportunities, contact Kimberly Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School Dances
We are looking for volunteers to help make our Middle School Dances a safe and fun experience. For more information about the Middle School Program, click here. To sign up for a volunteer slot for an upcoming dance, contact Tracey Sacco at email@example.com.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteerism among teens has become a popular way to help develop job skills and contribute to the community. There are many ways for teens to complete their hours at The Community House:
- Eagle Scout Service Project – Each year a local Scout displays leadership, responsibility and project management while applying the
Scout Oath: “to help other people” in completing their Eagle Scout Service project with us.
- Catering service for fundraising events such as Harvest Dinner and Breakfast with Santa.
- Greeters and coat checkers for formal fundraising events.
- Landscaping in the spring and fall.
- Routine care and maintenance of our historic building and grounds.
- For mature teens: Administrative assistance in The Community House office.
- Program assistance with senior community members.