The Community House organizes many exciting activities and events monthly. We are always in need of enthusiastic community volunteers to lend a hand and support our programs.
Friends Club Program Facilitator
We are looking for a Volunteer Program Facilitator to help organize and run Friends Club events. Help make an important and meaningful impact in the lives of adults with special needs. 3-4 hour commitment per month, for 8 to 9 months of the year. To apply, please contact Executive Director Melissa Elmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteerism among teens has become a popular way to help develop job skills and contribute to the community. There are many ways for teens to complete their hours at The Community House:
- Eagle Scout Service Project – Each year a local Scout displays leadership, responsibility and project management while applying the
Scout Oath: “to help other people” in completing their Eagle Scout Service project with us.
- Catering service for fundraising events such as Harvest Dinner and Breakfast with Santa.
- Greeters and coat checkers for formal fundraising events.
- Landscaping in the spring and fall.
- Routine care and maintenance of our historic building and grounds.
- For mature teens: Administrative assistance in The Community House office.
- Program assistance with senior community members.