The Community House organizes many exciting activities and events monthly. We are always in need of enthusiastic community volunteers to lend a hand and support our programs.
Special Friends Volunteers
The Community House is seeking volunteers interested in assisting during our Special Friends’ events. The Community House serves the interests of our “Special Friends”, individuals with special needs, via regular socials. Events are typically on Thursday evenings. Interested individuals may contact Bethany Johnson @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteerism among teens has become a popular way to help develop job skills and contribute to the community. There are many ways for teens to complete their hours at The Community House:
- Catering service for fundraising events such as Harvest Dinner and Breakfast with Santa.
- Greeters and coat checkers for formal fundraising events.
- Landscaping in the spring and fall.
- Spring spruce up.
- For mature teens: Administrative assistance in The Community House office.
- Program assistance with senior community members.
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Office/Clerical Assistance
- Internships (college and high school)
- Chaperones for dances and children’s programming
- Gardening and Grounds Keeping
- Special Events and Concert Support: Admission, ushers, concessions, set-up and breakdown
- Committees – Music, Programs, Finance, Community House Theater, Fundraising
- Building Maintenance
For more information on volunteering at The Community House, please call 978.468.4818.
To become a Community House volunteer, please *download the application, fill in, sign and mail to: The Community House, 284 Bay Road Hamilton, MA 01982.
*(The volunteer application is provided in portable document files (pdf) and is readable and printable through Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it free, by clicking here.)